Today I went to a local gym with a friend and we did some awesome circuits that she put together with some partner abs and conditioning at the end!
- 10 burpees
- 15 weighted bar RDL
- 10 ab rollers
- 100 jump rope
- 10 med ball squat with jump and chest pass high up on the wall
- single leg kettle bell RDL
- sprint down and back 4 times sideline to sideline in the gym
- choice abs with med ball
We went through this circuit 4 times. Then we walked a bit and set up a second circuit.
- agility ladder choice agilities down and back 10 times
- single leg jump rope 50 each leg
- kettle bell series: 10 squat and two arm swings, 10 oblique standing tilts, 10 figure 8’s
- 15 med ball side toss each side
- sprint down and back 5 times sideline to sideline in the gym
- 10 sand bag high pulls + 10 sand bag bent over rows
We went through 4 sets of this circuit as well.
Then we did some partner abs with the med ball:
- Med ball slam + chest pass (2 minutes)
- Med ball standing twist (x3) + side toss (2 minutes)
- Standing back to back med ball pass (2 minutes)
Finally, we were old high school basketball buddies, so we decided to end with some conditioning using a basketball! First, we did a 5 minutes continuous layups drill where one shot a layup and grabbed their own rebound, and while one was shooting a layup the other ran to touch the wall and back, then receive the ball to switch and shoot a layup while the partner runs off and touches the wall. It seemed like FOREVER but the shooting made it fun! Then we walked a bit and came back and shuffled while chest passing from sideline to sideline shooting layups at each side basket. We also did this for 5 minutes and boy was that tiring!
Fun workout with a great friend! 🙂